- Ohio State now leads the all-time series against Michigan State, 28-13, including a 14-5 record in games played in East Lansing. The Buckeyes have won eight out of the last nine games in the series and 13 of the last 16 meetings overall. Ohio State has won four-straight games in Spartan Stadium.
- Michigan State is now 32-24-4 (.567) in Big Ten openers, including a 3-3 record under Mark Dantonio. … The Spartans are 1-5 in Big Ten openers vs. Ohio State, including an 0-2 mark in games played in Spartan Stadium.
- Quarterback Andrew Maxwell recorded his third 200-yard passing game of the season, completing 22-of-42 throws for 269 yards and one touchdown against Ohio State.
- Running back Le’Veon Bell set career highs for receptions (8) and receiving yards (58) against Ohio State.
- Keith Mumphery had five catches for a career-best 79 yards and scored his first career touchdown on a 29-yard reception from Maxwell.
- Tony Lippett caught a career-best four passes for 46 yards.
- Linebacker Max Bullough recorded a season-high 12 tackles, as he reached double-figure tackles for the third time in his career. Bullough also was credited with a forced fumble and quarterback hurry.
- Linebacker Chris Norman registered a season-high nine tackles with two for loss, including a 6-yard sack.
- Mike Sadler averaged a career-best 55.4 yards on five punts, including a career-long 70-yarder in the second quarter.
The Detroit News aims to provide a forum that fosters smart, civil discussions on the news and events that we cover. The News will not condone personal attacks, off topic posts or brutish language on our site. If you find a comment that you believe violates these standards, please click the "X" in the upper right corner of the post to report it.