- Nebraska’s 28-24 win ended Michigan State’s seven-game winning streak in the month of November. It marked Michigan State’s first loss in November since the 2009 regular-season finale against Penn State, 42-14. Under Mark Dantonio, MSU has compiled a 13-4 record (.765) in November.
- Over the last three seasons, Michigan State is now 12-5 (.706) in games decided by 10 points or less, including a 3-4 record in 2012.
- With the four-point loss to Nebraska, Michigan State slips to 2-4 in home games this season. Regardless of the outcome of the Nov. 17 game against Northwestern, MSU will finish the season with a losing record at home for only the 10th time in Spartan Stadium history and the first time since 2006 (2-5).
- Sophomore Tony Lippett scored his first career touchdown on a 46-yard pass from Andrew Maxwell in the second quarter. Maxwell has thrown at least one TD pass in each of the last three games. The 46-yard TD was the longest of the season for Michigan State.
- Sophomore free safety Kurtis Drummond set career highs for tackles (10) and tackles for loss (2 for 10 yards). Drummond’s first-quarter interception set up Michigan State’s first touchdown.
- Junior Max Bullough reached double figures in tackles for the fourth time this season and sixth time in his career, with 10 stops against Nebraska. Bullough has now produced at least one tackle for loss in each of the last five games.
- Junior cornerback Darqueze Dennard matched his career high with two interceptions against Nebraska. Dennard also had two picks in Michigan State’s triple-overtime win over Georgia in the 2012 Outback Bowl.
The Detroit News aims to provide a forum that fosters smart, civil discussions on the news and events that we cover. The News will not condone personal attacks, off topic posts or brutish language on our site. If you find a comment that you believe violates these standards, please click the "X" in the upper right corner of the post to report it.