Today, I give you 50 reasons to call me an idiot this offseason. (As if you needed anymore.)
In case you missed it, here are what I consider the top 50 free agents — complete with predictions on destination, dollars and years. I pored over the entire free-agent list the last three days, reading it multiple times, before settling on my top 50.
Clearly, you will have disagreements. And that’s fair.
But that’s what makes this time of year fun.
I also have 50 more names for you, free agents Nos. 51 through 100 — where you’ll find old friend Jeremy Bonderman, who has recovered from Tommy John surgery, shed 30 pounds and is planning a comeback. It’ll be interesting to see how he progresses, and which ballclub takes a chance.
No predictions on this list, by the way.
I simply can’t handle being that wrong this winter.
FREE AGENTS 51-100
51. Scott Baker, SP. 52. David Ross, C. 53. Eric Chavez, 3B. 54. James Loney, 1B. 55. Mike Gonzalez, RP
56. Ryan Theriot, 2B. 57. Kevin Millwood, SP. 58. Jose Valverde, RP. 59. Jonny Gomes, OF. 60. Matt Capps, RP
61. LaTroy Hawkins, RP. 62. Kelly Johnson, 2B. 63. Matt Lindstrom, RP. 64. Jim Thome, DH. 65. Randy Wolf, SP
66. Roy Oswalt, SP. 67. Jon Rauch, RP. 68. Ty Wigginton, IF. 69. Placido Polanco, 3B/2B. 70. Sean Burnett, RP
71. Nate McLouth, OF. 72. Chris Young, SP. 73. Dewayne Wise, OF. 74. J.P. Howell, RP. 75. Jason Bay, OF
76. Bobby Abreu, OF. 77. George Sherrill, RP. 78. Travis Hafner, DH; 79. Brandon Lyon, RP. 80. Ramon Ramirez, RP
81. Kyle Farnsworth, RP. 82. Juan Rivera, OF. 83. Chad Durbin, RP. 84. Reed Johnson, C. 85. Jason Frasor, RP
86. Mark Lowe, RP. 87. Scott Podsednik, OF. 88. Shawn Camp, RP. 89. Gerald Laird, C. 90. Francisco Liriano, SP
91. Jason Isringhausen, RP. 92. Juan Oviedo, RP. 93. Carlos Zambrano, SP. 94. Takashi Saito, RP. 95. Tim Byrdak, RP
96. Casey Kotchman, 1B. 97. Daisuke Matsuzaka, SP. 98. Grady Sizemore, OF. 99. Vicente Padilla, P. 100. Jeremy Bonderman, SP