I’ll just keep it simple. Referring to my post on Mitticus Taximus, I’d like to clarify things regarding the Washington Post mockup originally posted there of President Obama cracking up at the South Carolina results.
1. I know it was fake. I loved it. Of course, people who have never read the WaPo or considered that even the WaPo would never do this, their layout is much more traditional, etc…C’mon now.
2. Arguing this concept is impossible when people completely miss the reason why this Photoshop work was posted, or the reasons in which I addressed the photo caption. It was a great concept, and my caption called to the WaPo (IN JEST) to do it “that way.”
3. I will defer and grovel for those who can’t grasp this concept, and for the near term, purposely, I will spell everything out. I apologize if I seemed obtuse about my own sense of sarcasm, and as well, apologize directly to the DetNews staff that got wrapped up in this kerfuffle. Their time is best spent working on the newspaper that I respect and appreciate. If anything, I honestly care more for their work than Facebook comments or Twitter-bait.
4. I first saw this on Facebook, reposted from place to place, and I picked it up from an individual in SC. I figured the photo would make a great visual for all sorts of reasons. Mostly, just because I knew Dems would get a kick out of it.
5. For those who think I delete posts and edit to “cover,” that’s just wrong. I have not touched the post, there was a decision to remove it for editorial control that I accepted at their discretion.
And finally, if these folks get worked up on the WaPo pic, what about my 18th Century Sir Newt of Congreve?
Just watch it. It’s funny. UPDATED**( possible H/T of photo to Dan S. in Tucson. Thanks to comments as well. Dan, if this is yours, please send a snarky tweet to me. Cheers.)**