Adele’s “21″ is No. 1 yet again on Billboard’s Top 200 albums chart, according to Nielsen SoundScan, marking the blockbuster album’s 15th week on top of the chart. One more week on top and it will match the “Titanic” soundtrack’s epic chart run, which was No. 1 for 16 weeks back in 1998; six more weeks and it will tie its album title. Go, Adele, go!
In a slow week for new releases, SafetySuit’s “These Times” arrives at No. 7, the week’s highest debut. In a related story, I’ve never heard of SafetySuit.
Elsewhere in the Top 10, current Rolling Stone cover stars and upcoming Coachella headliners The Black Keys jump from No. 7 to No. 3 with its latest, “El Camino.” Drake (No. 2), Young Jeezy (No. 4) and Coldplay (No. 5) round out the top five.
With this week’s biggest new release coming from UK rock group Snow Patrol — whose previous chart peak was No. 9 — Adele looks to remain on top for another week.
Billboard’s Top 10 albums (units sold in parentheses)
- Adele, 21 (124,000)
- Drake, Take Care (42,000)
- Black Keys, El Camino (42,000)
- Young Jeezy, TM103: Hustlerz Ambition (36,000)
- Coldplay, Mylo Xyloto (28,000)
- Rihanna, Talk That Talk (26,000)
- SafetySuit, These Times (26,000)
- LMFAO, Sorry for Party Rocking (25,000)
- Various artists, Now That’s What I Call Music! 40 (24,000)
- Florence + the Machine, Ceremonials (24,000)