Madonna employs Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. as cheerleaders and gets a team of football players to shield her from acid rain in “Give Me All Your Luvin’,” the first video from her upcoming “M.D.N.A.”
The video opens with the following words of wisdom: “Fans can make you famous, a contract can make you rich, the press can make you a superstar, but only luv can make you a player.” Fanboys are probably getting those words tattooed on themselves as we speak.
A few quick observations:
1) Are those Adidas logos on Nicki’s chest?
2) All the football players are wearing the number 36. What is the significance of 36? It’s early still and I wouldn’t even know where to begin looking for answers.
3) Neither Nicki nor M.I.A. has enough to do in the song. Either would have been better on their own, but together their cameos are too crammed to be effective.
4) What’s with the baby? At one point Madonna seems to be mock-breastfeeding it, and at the end she tosses it aside. Is this some sort of commentary saying her motherhood period is over, or something? Again, it’s still early.
5) Overall, it’s a fun video! I like it. Hooray!