* 4 boneless chicken breasts
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground white peppe
r * 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 1 (10 ounce) package artichoke hearts, thawed
* 2 tablespoons dry sherry
* Zest of one Meyer or other organic lemon
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice * 1/2 cup creme fraiche
* 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
* 1/2 cup panko (or coarse, dry breadcrumbs) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pound chicken breasts to even thickness of 1/2 inch. Salt and pepper both sides of each breast. Melt the butter in a large skillet.
Over medium heat, brown the chicken on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a 9- by 11-inch ceramic or glass baking dish. Cover the chicken with the artichoke hearts. Add the sherry, lemon zest and juice to juices in the frying pan.
Stir over medium heat until hot, several minutes. Add the creme fraiche. Remove from heat and pour over chicken and artichokes. Sprinkle with cheese and panko. Bake 20-25 minutes, until hot and bubbling. Serves 4. Per serving: 449 calories; 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat; 38 percent calories from fat); 14 g carbohydrates; 155 mg cholesterol; 607 mg sodium; 52 g protein; 5 g fiber.