From “Sweet Vegan.”
- 4 tablespoons butter substitute, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup purchased gluten-free flour mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini, drained
- 11/2 teaspoons egg replacer, whisked with 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup gluten-free chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
In a stand mixer, beat the butter substitute with the brown sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes on medium speed. Stop and scrape down the sides of bowl then add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, walnuts, and zucchini. Mix on medium speed for 30 seconds. Stop and scrape down the sides of bowl. Add the egg replacer mixture and chocolate chips and mix for another 30 seconds.
Spread the batter onto the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack at least 1 hour before cutting into squares. Serves 8.
Per serving: 298 calories; 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 42 percent calories from fat); 43 g carbohydrates; 0 mg cholesterol; 380 mg sodium; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber.