- 6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 seeded and minced jalapenos, plus 2 roasted, skinned and chopped jalapenos
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 dry ancho chilies, seeded, cut into short strips and snipped into pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Chili powder, salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh scallions, cilantro or parsley, to taste
In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Place in refrigerator for up to 12 hours for flavor infusion.
Serve with tortilla chips. Makes 6 servings.
Per serving: 54 calories; 3 g fat (0.4 g saturated fat; 50 percent calories from fat); 8 g carbohydrates; 0 mg cholesterol; 204 mg sodium; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber.