- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
In large bowl combine eggs, breadcrumbs, green onions, butter, Italian seasoning, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Cook spinach according to package directions; stir into egg mixture. Cut each tomato into six slices; arrange in a single layer in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Mound 2 tablespoons of spinach mixture on each slice. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake 5-10 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
Per serving: 196 calories; 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 37 percent calories from fat); 22 g carbohydrates; 116 mg cholesterol; 588 mg sodium; 9 g protein; 2 g fiber.