- 1/2 pound dried pasta (linguine, spaghetti or fettucine)
- 1/2 pound cooked large shrimp, tails removed and halved
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1/3 cup slice marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh small mozzarella balls, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Put large pot of water on stove top to boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
While pasta is cooking, make pesto: Put basil, garlic and olive oil in blender and whirl until smooth. Add salt.
Add shrimp to boiling pasta during the last minute of cooking. Drain well.
Toss with pesto, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper. Serves 2.
Per serving: 888 calories; 40 g fat (8 g saturated fat; 41 percent calories from fat); 92 g carbohydrates; 186 mg cholesterol; 658 mg sodium; 38 g protein; 5 g fiber.