Consider some rosy rhubarb and grapes for this summer cooler. From “The Best Sangria Recipes, Indian Summer.”
- 1 bottle (750 ml) dry red wine
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup gin
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 1/4 cup Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 cups assorted sliced fresh fruit, such as apples, oranges, plums, pineapple and grapes, and rhubarb
Combine all of the ingredients in a pitcher. Refrigerate for at least 1 day and for up to 2 days. Serve in tall glasses over ice. Makes 2 quarts or 8 servings.
Per serving (per cup): 201 calories; 0 g fat (0 g saturated fat; 0 percent calories from fat); 18 g carbohydrates; 0 mg cholesterol; 6 sodium; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber.