From Diane Rossen Worthington
- 4 cups low-fat or skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 11/3 cups quick-cooking steel oats oatmeal
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup store-bought granola
- Extra maple syrup, for serving
- Warm milk, for serving
Combine the milk, vanilla, cinnamon and syrup in a large saucepan on medium heat. Whisk to blend the ingredients. Bring the milk to a simmer.
Add the oatmeal. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the desired thickness and texture. Add the dried fruit and granola, and mix to combine and cook another minute. Spoon into individual shallow bowls and serve immediately with maple syrup and warm milk on the side.
Per serving: 390 calories; 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 16 percent calories from fat); 71 g carbohydrates; 10 mg cholesterol; 164 mg sodium; 14 g protein; 5 g fiber.