Don’t feel like fish? This bright salsa will also perk up chicken or pork. From Everyday Food magazine.
- 2 avocados, diced small
- 2 cups finely diced pineapple
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 skin-on halibut fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
- Arugula, for serving
1. Heat broiler, with rack in upper third. In a medium bowl, stir together avocados, pineapple, jalapeno, onion, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt.
2. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and place fish, skin side down, on sheet; season with salt and pepper. Broil until fish is opaque throughout, about 8 minutes. Top fish with salsa and serve with arugula.
Per serving: 298 calories; 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 39 percent calories from fat); 14 g carbohydrates; 46 mg cholesterol; 195 mg sodium; 33 g protein; 5 g fiber.