Recipe from Spice Islands. Cooking times may differ depending on the thickness of the fillet or steak. A cast iron skillet is best for this recipe.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, fine grind
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 pounds swordfish (salmon or tuna steaks, or firm fillets may be substituted)
Combine garlic salt, paprika, onion powder, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper and thyme. Rub mixture on both sides of fish. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray and add fish. Cook 8 to 10 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serves 6.
Per serving: 180 calories; 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 30 percent calories from fat); 1 g carbohydrates; 57 mg cholesterol; 371 mg sodium; 29 g protein; 0.4 g fiber.