- Recipe from Kate Lawson
- 1 pound (bow-tie pasta)
- 2 pounds thin asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup half & half (or cream if desired)
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (can use shredded Asiago or mozzarella cheeses or a combination of both instead of blue cheese)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water 10 minutes. Add asparagus to pot; boil until crisp-tender and pasta is tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes longer. Drain pasta and asparagus in colander.
Meanwhile, heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ham and cook until just brown, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes. Add wine; boil until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add half & half; bring to simmer. Stir in cheese and 3/4 cup green onions. Add pasta and asparagus and toss with sauce to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup onions and serve. Serves 6.
Per serving: 506 calories; 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat; 20 percent calories from fat); 62 g carbohydrates; 52 mg cholesterol; 890 mg sodium; 26 g protein; 4 g fiber.