From Fine Cooking magazine.
- 11/2 pounds cucumber, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise, then seeded
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves (preferably Thai)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
Slice cucumber halves diagonally into 1/4 inch thick crescents. Combine vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice and fish sauce in large bowl. Add cucumbers, basil and peanuts to bowl and lightly toss. Serves 6.
Per serving: 71 calories; 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat; 63 percent calories from fat); 5 g carbohydrates; 0 mg cholesterol; 195 mg sodium; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber.