The salad fixings aren’t special in this salad — lettuce, corn, black beans, chicken, Jack cheese, avocado. It’s the dressing that provides the pow. Among the ingredients are honey, lime juice, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and fresh cilantro. Serve with flour tortillas. From Food.com.
- For the vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 to 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup extra-light olive oil or canola oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- For the salad:
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 pound mixed baby greens
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 2 cups grated Jack cheese
To make the dressing, in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine the vinegar, lime juice, garlic, chipotle chilies, honey and salt and process until thoroughly combined and smooth. With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil (or canola oil) in a thin, steady stream to form an emulsion. Add the cilantro and pulse or process to combine.
In a large bowl, add mixed greens and top with corn, beans, tomatoes, avocados, red pepper and cheese. Now add the chicken. Add dressing and toss.
Per serving: 879 calories; 64 g fat (16 g saturated fat; 66 percent calories from fat); 35 g carbohydrates; 155 mg cholesterol; 786 mg sodium; 46 g protein; 9 g fiber.