Recipe adapted from Cooking Light.
- 2 quarts water
- 21/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 11/2 pounds rattlesnake beans or pole beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 11/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 11/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 11/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and quartered
Bring 2 quarts water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Add beans; cook 25 minutes or until beans are tender. Drain.
Place olives and remaining ingredients in a food processor; add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Process until finely chopped, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Combine beans and olive mixture in a large bowl; toss well. Serves 4.
Per serving: 66 calories; 3 g fat (0.3 g saturated fat; 41 percent calories from fat); 10 g carbohydrates; 0 mg cholesterol; 365 mg sodium; 2 g protein; 4 g fiber.