Recipe from Ellie Krieger and Food Network.
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pitted dried dates
- 1/2 cup powdered nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-by-13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Place all ingredients except the syrup and eggs in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped. Add the syrup and eggs, and pulse until the mixture is well combined. It will resemble a coarse paste.
Transfer to the baking pan and spread evenly. Bake until just done, about 20 minutes. Cut into 20 squares.
Per serving: 132 calories; 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat; 34 percent calories from fat); 19 g carbohydrates; 22 mg cholesterol; 17 mg sodium; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber.