From EatingWell magazine.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or more to taste
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 Vidalia or other sweet onion, halved and very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, chives and/or tarragon
Whisk vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper in a large shallow bowl.
Remove alternating stripes of peel from the cucumbers. Slice the cucumbers into thin rounds. Add the cucumber slices, tomatoes and onion to the dressing; gently toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
Just before serving, add herbs and toss again. Serves 6.
Per serving: 58 calories; 3 g fat (0 g saturated fat; 47 percent calories from fat); 8 g carbohydrates; 0 mg cholesterol; 202 mg sodium; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber.
20 minutes to make
30 minutes to marinate