Bagged hash brown potatoes (not the frozen type) can be found in the refrigerator section of your grocer, often near the eggs. From Alison Ladman.
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 10 3/4-ounce can condensed cream-of-chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 20-ounce package hash brown potatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 cup green beans, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- Meat from a 2-pound rotisserie chicken, cubed, skin and bones discarded
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a 9- by 13-inch baking dish, stir together the mayonnaise, soup, milk, pepper, salt, thyme and garlic powder. Stir in the potatoes, zucchini, green beans, carrots and chicken. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese and the breadcrumbs. Bake for 40 minutes, or until bubbling and the vegetables are tender.
Per serving: 420 calories; 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 29 percent calories from fat); 41 g carbohydrates; 100 mg cholesterol; 700 mg sodium; 32 g protein; 3 g fiber.
20 minutes to make
40 minutes to bake