From Nielsen-Massey Vanillas.
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup natural rice vinegar
Whisk the mustard, syrup, vanilla and almond extracts, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the canola oil in a fine stream, whisking constantly until incorporated. This will emulsify the dressing and prevent it from separating. Slowly whisk in the vinegar. Makes 3/4 cup or 6 servings.
Per serving (per 2 tablespoons): 176 calories; 18 g fat (1 g saturated fat; 92 percent calories from fat); 2 g carbohydrates; 0 mg cholesterol; 107 mg sodium; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber.