- Courtesy Sara Moulton
- 750-milliliter bottle fruity red wine, such as Beaujolais
- 1/2 cup fresh clementine or orange juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier liqueur
- 1 firm pear with the skin, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 2 clementines or 1 orange, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
In a large bowl combine all ingredients and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Chill, tightly covered, at least 8 hours before serving.
Makes 8 servings
Per serving: 180 calories; 0 g fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 1 g fiber; 19 g sugar; 1 g protein; 5 mg sodium.