Considering not everyone imbibes, and ginger ale is oh-so-boring, you’ll probably need at least one tasty mocktail to ring in the new year. This festive recipe showcases some favorite seasonal fruits kids love and, as a plus, is packed with antioxidants. Recipe from Parkhurst Dining Services.
- 11/2 cups unsweetened black cherry juice
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds (from 1 pomegranate)
- 1 navel orange, halved and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced into wedges
- 11/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3 cups seltzer, chilled
- 1 cup ginger ale, chilled
In a large pitcher, combine cherry juice, pomegranate seeds, orange, apple and maple syrup. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. Stir in seltzer and ginger ale. Serve over ice.
Makes 10 servings.
Per serving: 59 calories; 0 g fat (0 g saturated fat; 0 percent calories from fat); 15 g carbohydrates; 0 mg cholesterol; 8 mg sodium; 0.5 g protein; 1 g fiber.