Artichoke hearts and hearts of palm combine in an elegant salad, which can be easily halved. Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 14-ounce can hearts of palm, drained, sliced into rounds
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
Combine lemon juice, mustard and garlic in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Add hearts of palm and artichoke hearts. Let marinate at room temperature at least 20 minutes and up to 4 hours, tossing occasionally.
Line 4 plates with lettuce leaves. Using slotted spoon, divide hearts of palm and artichoke hearts among plates. Garnish with tomatoes. Spoon remaining dressing over and serve. Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 285 calories; 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 66 percent calories from fat); 24 g carbohydrates; 0 mg cholesterol; 355 mg sodium; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber.