Recipe from Bon Appetit.
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil (such as Asian)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons golden brown sugar
- 2 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
Whisk first 9 ingredients in medium bowl to blend.
Add enough water to large saucepan to reach depth of 1/2 inch. Bring to boil; add sweet potatoes and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; cool.
Mix sweet potatoes, dressing, peas and green onions in large bowl. Season salad with salt and pepper. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Sprinkle salad with peanuts and serve. Serves 8.
Per serving : 229 calories; 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 39 percent calories from fat); 30 g carbohydrates; 3 mg cholesterol; 609 mg sodium; 5 g protein; 5 g fiber.