We had a bumper crop of crested celosia flowers in the garden this year. I hated to see all of the excess go into the compost so I decided to dry the extras.
There were lot more out there than I thought. I may have gone a bit overboard when I cut the entire crop.
Since there were so many, I took the easy way out and tied the long stems into bunches. Then, I tied the bunches to poles and hung up everything in the storage building. There the flowers will stay until they are dry. They’re out of the sun and get plenty of air circulation so they should hold their bright colors.
Don’t ask me what I’m going to do with all of those dried celosia, but at least I saved them from the compost pile for the time being.