We all need a little help some times, especially with larger landscape design projects. It can be a challenge and sometimes a nightmare to find the right company. I know personally I always try to get a reference from a friend or family member before I go on the hunt for any professional service.
Here are some tips on finding a landscape designer.
- If possible ask friends or family members for a reference.
- If you’ve fallen in love with a landscape design outside of a business, ask the owner who designed it- they’ll tell you if you should go with them or not.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to be sure there are no complaints.
- Once you have some leads, go through the company’s website thoroughly. Look for photos of other jobs they have completed.
- When you decide on one, ask for references and check them.
- Be sure to personally meet the designers, talk with them and make sure they understand what your needs are in the design planning.
- Ask for quotes and get them in writing.
I would like to personally recommend a locally owned business out of Royal Oak, Two Women and a Hoe. They have been in business since 2006 and offer a multitude of services including: Indoor/Outdoor Sustainable Landscape Design and Installation, Green Garden Maintenance, Restoration and Seasonal Pruning, Garden Lighting and so much more. The company was recently awarded a $5,000 grant to franchise Two Women and a Hoe from Start Garden (www.startgarden.com) out of Grand Rapids.
Take the worry out of your landscape design needs and give Two Women and a Hoe a try. See their web site at http://twowomenandahoe.com/
More info about StartGarden can be found on their website www.startgarden.com
…now I’m off to play in the dirt,