1. Two runs, five hits – compared to the five runs on six hits the Tigers had in just the first inning on Tuesday night.
2. Quiet middle – the Tigers’ No. 3-6 hitters went 0-for-15.
3. Usually wild, Royals’ starter Jonathan Sanchez wasn’t.
4. The Tigers didn’t have a hit until the fifth inning – when Alex Avila doubled with two outs.
5. Only two at-bats with runners in scoring position.
The Tigers left the bases loaded in the fifth and stranded runners at second and third in the seventh.
Those, but only those, were their chances.