1. Brennan Boesch turned an ankle on his slide at home while scoring the winning run against the Reds, but manager Jim Leyland said “he’s all right.”
2. Leyland, however, is also holding his breath about it because “we’ve had too much of that this year.”
2. Doug Fister had what Leyland labeled “a great session” of throwing in the bullpen, and is on schedule to be activated from the disabled list on Wednesday.
4. That means Fister might even be able to start on Wednesday night against the Cubs, but the rotation hasn’t yet been determined.
5. And the inflammation in Octavio Dotel’s right elbow is “better,” said Leyland, “but it didn’t sound like good.”