1. Even if he can pitch on Sunday, are you really comfortable eventually heading into August with Drew Smyly as the Tigers’ fifth starter?
2. He’s pitched some good games, but probably not.
3. So do you want to see Jacob Turner again?
4. At some point in the future, perhaps, but not this season. Especially not Sunday against the White Sox.
5. So will it be Duane Below on Sunday?
Perhaps, but that’s not a two-month cure, either.
The Tigers need a starting pitcher. They know they need one – and at some point in the next two weeks, they’ll get one.