1. One milestone down, one to go for Miguel Cabrera.
Actually, two to go.
2. He needs one more HR to reach 30 for the fifth consecutive season.
That will make him the first Tiger ever to hit at least 30 HR’s in five consecutive seasons.
3. But he got RBI’s 100 and 101 in Tuesday night’s 8-4 victory over the Twins – making it a threesome with Hall of Famers Charlie Gehringer and Harry Heilmann as the only Tigers ever to knock in 100 or more runs in at least five straight seasons.
4. There’s yet another milestone ahead for Cabrera, though.
5. It is this: In Heilmann’s streak, there was a season of 103 RBI.
In Gehringer’s streak, there was a season of 105 RBI.
So with five more RBI, giving him 106, Cabrera will be the first Tiger ever to knock in more than 105 runs in five consecutive seasons.
It won’t be a threesome then. It will be a onesome.