1. Beginning with Saturday night’s game, the Tigers will face four lefties in the next six games.
2. One game with the Angels, three with the White Sox – because, in addition to starting RHP Jake Peavy against the Tigers, the Sox will be going with Jose Quintana, Chris Sale and Francisco Liriano in Chicago.
3. That means more playing time for rookie Avisail Garcia – perhaps a lot more?
4. When asked if he’ll start Garcia against all four lefties, manager Jim Leyland said “I don’t know. Maybe.”
5. He’s thinking about it, in other words: A rookie in the middle of a pennant race, a rookie starting three times in a huge four-game series.
Smart or not?