1. In addition to the fact Justin Verlander didn’t allow any runs, manager Jim Leyland was pleased with his pitch count of 110 after throwing only 97 in his last start.
2. Verlander’s pitch count of 207 in his last two starts combined is his lowest of any two consecutive starts this season.
3. Bodes well for having something left in the tank, the manager believes.
4. Despite winning, the Tigers are only 2-5 in Cleveland this season. Their four runs were just the second time in seven games they’ve scored more than three here this year.
5. Notice that Verlander was throwing harder in the early innings in this game? That was the plan. Turned out to be a good plan.