I had a long talk with Tigers’ outfielder Brennan Boesch during the Tigers’ caravan last week and came away impressed that his self-confidence is firmly in place after the disappointment of last year.
Here are five of his comments that led to that conclusion.
1. “It was a tough season, but I think I came out the better for it. I really do. I trust my talent. I really like what I’ve learned. I’m more focused and determined than I’ve ever been.”
2. “Every ballplayer wants to prove himself year in and year out, regardless of how it went the year before. That’s what I plan to do.”
3. “The reflection on last year for me is over. I’ve made the adjustments. This off-season is the best I’ve had as a player.”
4. When asked what has been the highlight of his off-season, he said “all the good swings I’ve taken.”
5. “My whole thing is that this organization wants to win and they’re going to put the best players out there. I plan on being a player who’s going to be out there.”